1998 at Liberty University in Lynchburg, VA
“I looked for someone who might rebuild the wall of righteousness that guards the land. I searched for someone to stand in the gap in the wall so I wouldn’t have to destroy the land, but I found no one.” Ezekiel 22:30
The mission of BTGUM is to engage the culture in such a way, that anyone who comes in contact with it or its members will be loved, served, and saved. This will be accomplished by:
- Teaching and applying practical Biblical training and discipleship to its members.
- Being intentional about serving the world around us through community projects, events, and performances.
- Making the wonder and saving grace of the Gospel plain to those we come in contact with when given the opportunity.
*The following only applies to those who are interested in joining the college chapter at Liberty University.
• Alpha and Omega (AO): Lady’s step team
• Disciples for Christ (DFC): Men’s step team
• Blood Pakt: Music Artist Development
• Visual Interpretation of Praise (VIP): Drama/Praise Dance/Mime team
• Dead on Awakening (DOA): Dance team
• Gyft’d Soul: Praise & Worship Team/Choir
• I-61: Evangelism, Outreach, and service projects
• Media: People interested in making graphics, videos, and photography (must have own equipment/software)
Mandatory Meetings (Locations TBA):
• Mondays: 7-10PM Practice
• Tuesdays: 7-9pm Study Hall (Mandatory for all new members of BTGUM)
• Thursday: 7-10pm Practice
• Saturday: 8-10am Morning Prayer *every 4th Saturday will be a service project @10am
• Complete BTGUM application (this will be given out during informational meetings)
• Minimum GPA of 2.5 in order to participate in shows/events/perform (must be maintained throughout academic career)
• Complete Crossover
What is Crossover?
Crossover is a three weeks trial of intense physical*, mental, and spiritual challenges. Those who complete Crossover will be recognized as official members of the team. Why call is Crossover? Our hope is that after going through this process, you will “crossover” to a new frame of mind, better physical condition, and a renewed relationship with the Lord.
*Alternate challenges will be given to those who are physically unable to perform certain physical activities. If you have any physical aliments that do, or may prevent you from doing certain physical activities, please notify us beforehand.